Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Automatic reload of models (if underlying resources change)

 Hi ansgar some remarks for the 1)

Le 04/10/2010 10:11, Ansgar Radermacher a écrit :
Dear all,

I have checked in a solution for the reload. It supports the reload of
the model that is edited (tool asks user if he wants to reload) and of
imports (are unloaded automatically without user intervention, will
reload the new contents on demand). In the moment, there are no
additional mechanism for preventing the user from simultaneous editing
which would be important in the context of multiple users working on the
same resource (and which would require quite different mechanisms of
opening models, probably not file-based).

1. The observation/tests seemed to indicate that the resource set does
not contains UML imports and tried to figure out how to detect imports
without writing UML specific code ... until I found out that imports are
indeed part of the resource set, but do not appear until the imports are
actually loaded (proxy resolution). Although I was in principal aware of
the "on-demand" loading policy, I thought resources would always be
created but only load on demand (resource have an "isLoaded" flag). I
added a comment to the model set to clarify this issue.
I don't understand what you mean by UML Imports ? I reckon UML Imports are all the resources loaded by the resources except the first one. Did you check the code of OnDemandLoadingModelSet which is in charge to load resources according to user defined strategy ? If you see the code you can remark that we have currently in Papyrus the control of Resource Loading and you extend the behavior to manage which resources are loaded or not ?

Concerning the isLoaded flag if i remember it is used if the resource has been loaded using Tracking_modification parameter.
2. I had a strange behavior with regards to imports: the model explorer
updated these correctly, when I used an Eclipse text editor for the
imported model (e.g. changed a class name), but not when I changed the
name with an external editor+executed a refresh with the navigator. The
simple reason for the different behavior: In my case, the navigator and
model explorer share the same panel, i.e. only one of same is visible at
a given time: when I call refresh, the explorer is temporarly invisible.
The problem is (see bug 326851) that the model explorer does not perform
refresh operations when not visible which is an issue independ of
automatic reloads. As a quick workaround, the refreshs are always enabled.

Best regards

Ansgar