[jgit-dev] JGit and Java NIO 2 API for HDFS

Hi,

We are working in a project where we use HDFS to share clones among several computing nodes and found a Java NIO 2 API for the Hadoop File System (HDFS) [1], which allows us to communicate with the distributed file system.

Currently, we first use JGit to clone to a node’s local file system and then use native Java FileUtils.copy(..) to move the clone over to HDFS.

However, we would like to either directly clone repositories to HDFS or (at least) have a read-only access that we could use within JGit.

Do you know about a JGit implementation that uses the native Java NIO 2 API as JGit file system?

If not, what do you think would we necessary in order to support the use of Java NIO 2 API with JGit?

Any hint is highly appreciated ! :)

Cheers, Patrick

Back to the top