Re: [jgit-dev] Internal API's or not: can you publicly export org.eclipse.jgit.internal.storage.file.FileRepository?

Hi Roberto

For creating 'org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository's that happen to be instances of FileRepository, you can use the public FileRepositoryBuilder:

hey awesome pointer, that fixed my main concern already. thanks!
I guess getting inspiration from jgit-tests made me not spotting this.

If all you need to do with the repo is assert that commit/push operations are working correctly, I should think you'd be able to do that with just the methods of org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository (to get the updated state of refs etc).

If you're explicitly asserting things about packfiles, etc, then you will need to use the internal ObjectDirectory, PackFile interfaces. This post by Shawn made me feel better about having to do that:

hmm, mokay, I guess I can live with that, too.

Either way, thanks for those awesome pointers!

Cheers
André

best regards,
Roberto