Re: [jgit-dev] Committing generated code?

2011/5/5 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The question is, should JGit commit the generated source file
> (GitStore.java) in our repository, or should we require contributors
> and build servers to download and install protoc on their systems?

+1 for committing the generated source file. It would be a greater
barrier for people building from source imho

Let's just document what is done and that's it.

yeah, this is the better approach since this keeps the effort for contributors
and others who build from sources lower

--
Matthias

Back to the top