Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] HistogramDiff now live on egit.eclipse.org

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> looks like here
> http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#patch,unified,1766,3,org.eclipse.egit.ui/src/org/eclipse/egit/ui/internal/history/GitHistoryPage.java
> the new algorithm shows too coarse grained diffs. Large blocks seem to be
> changed
> but these blocks only differ in a few lines, so that it's hard to spot what
> really changed.

That's a pretty serious error in HistogramDiff.  Line 167 doesn't have
a modification.  This region should be considered common between both
sides, but HistogramDiff is calling it a replace.  Ick.

I'll try to look at this next week when I get back into the office.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top