[jgit-dev] New and Noteworthy and Documentation for 0.9

Hey guys, as we're entering 0.9 M3 for EGit and JGit it's time we look
at updating the new and noteworthy [1] [2] and documentation [3]
incrementally (instead of saving it for the last minute).

[1] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/JGit/New_and_Noteworthy/0.9
[2] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/New_and_Noteworthy/0.9
[3] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide

I believe we should also make an effort to invest in having a user
guide for JGit in 0.9... Shawn made a valiant start by offering some
incompatibilities but we should expand the guide to include common
uses of interacting with Git repositories and offering a tour of the
JGit porcelain API. This would help both us and users in making sure
we're using the correct API. There are subtle things in the new API of
making sure things are released at proper times so it helps having up
to date documentation and examples. I'll make a stab at updating some
of the documentation over the next coming weeks.
     http://wiki.eclipse.org/JGit/User_Guide

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk