Re: [jaxws-dev] "java" to "jakarta" - formerly java.jws (resolved issue #56)

It would be easier to migrate all of the projects to the proposed new module names all at the same time and update the automatic module names accordingly  vs doing it piecemeal.  This will reduce the churn for developers as you have discovered.

On Mar 14, 2019, at 9:40 AM, rlblanken@xxxxxxx wrote:

p.s.

I have a project that requires jakarta.activation-api-egh-1.2.1 on one path and the java* version of same on another path. So I had to dissect one and remove the guts to make it work (i.e. no exports).

Such changes need to be coordinated. I can imagine that may be quite difficult :(

Regards
RB

From: rlblanken@xxxxxxx <rlblanken@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:28 AM
To: jaxws-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rlblanken@xxxxxxx
Subject: "java" to "jakarta" - formerly java.jws (resolved issue #56)

So per Lukas’s answer in #56, that is resolved by using jakarta.jws-api-1.1.1.jar, which is the same as javaa.jws-api-1.1.jar, but module name changed from javax.jws to java.jws.

Others on this thread suggested maybe the RT was wrong and meant to say javax.jws, so I think the following question applies to more people than me.

What is the plan with regard to naming convention “java” vis-à-vis “jakarta”

Analogous to above java.jws are jakarta.activation-api-egh-1.2.1 and java* version of same, which are currently identical (they are not yet modular so no collision there), but they export the same things, so you cannot have both.

Which is the proper current naming convention? When a “jakarta*” exists, is that what we should be using and looking to for future updates?

Regards
RB