[jaxws-dev] "java" to "jakarta" - formerly java.jws (resolved issue #56)

So per Lukas’s answer in #56, that is resolved by using jakarta.jws-api-1.1.1.jar, which is the same as javaa.jws-api-1.1.jar, but module name changed from javax.jws to java.jws.

Others on this thread suggested maybe the RT was wrong and meant to say javax.jws, so I think the following question applies to more people than me.

What is the plan with regard to naming convention “java” vis-à-vis “jakarta”

Analogous to above java.jws are jakarta.activation-api-egh-1.2.1 and java* version of same, which are currently identical (they are not yet modular so no collision there), but they export the same things, so you cannot have both.

Which is the proper current naming convention? When a “jakarta*” exists, is that what we should be using and looking to for future updates?

Regards

RB