Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : Re: Preparing to hack with ReWrite...

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 2:26 AM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 12:35 AM Olivier Lamy <olamy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 3:25 PM Alwin Joseph <alwin.joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Olivier,

Regarding the artifact jakarta.ws.rs:jakarta-restful-ws-tck:jar:3.1.1 , the standalone Jakarta REST TCK is found at [1] and not available at maven repositories.

From my understanding, this TCK is referred only at glassfish-runner/jaxrs-tck/pom.xml (?).
This is a module that is created to run the standalone Jakarta REST TCK against glassfish. It requires us to download the [1] (which is built from repo [2]) and do mvn install to run the TCK as configured at Jenkins job [3].

doesn't look right to me to reference some release artifacts which doesn't exist.

I moved this module to a profile not activated per default.

I removed the draft status from the PR https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/pull/1152

this not really using Maven features of distributed artifacts.

https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/tree/tckrefactor/glassfish-runner is expecting the maven repo to include staged artifacts for which I the workaround is to download https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/restful-ws/3.1/jakarta-restful-ws-tck-3.1.1.zip and install that in the local repo (big hack) but better to just not build the `glassfish-runner` module.

If there is a zip (which is a release I suppose) why not deploy the Maven artifacts (jar) as well?

Currently, we cannot push final releases of TCK archives to Maven public repositories (we only are pushing (EPL) Eclipse Public License TCKs to Maven repos).  TCK zips with EPL cannot be used when certifying implementations as compatible (https://www.eclipse.org/legal/tck.php EFTL license must be used).

The TCK archive https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/restful-ws/3.1/jakarta-restful-ws-tck-3.1.1.zip is EFTL licensed and can be used for certifying implementations as compatible.

Hope this helps.

Scott

This will simplify a lot of the Jenkins job and make it even faster (as no need to rebuild something which is a release)
sorry I don't have access to link [3]

IMO the glassfish-runner module can remain independent or can be skipped while compiling the platform TCK source.

Thanks & Regards,
Alwin Joseph

[1] https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/restful-ws/3.1/jakarta-restful-ws-tck-3.1.1.zip

[2] https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/