Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] update on Jakarta EE 9.1 + SigTest changes

pull/720 [4] updates the Platform TCK `sigtest.jar` to include the [2] pull request and solves the objective of not relying on JDK signatures for SPEC API signature verification.  We made the minimal amount of code changes to implement this via [2].  We deleted the Java SE11 signature map files and used the Java SE8 signature map files in testing on JDK 8, 11, 16, 17 (early access).  We saw many failures that we addressed via [2].  We also verified that signature testing ensures that no SPEC API super/sub setting occurs.

I created a CQ (contribution questionnaire) for the sigtest.jar change that has not yet completed.  As we are looking to finish our Platform TCK changes by Friday (April 16) we also will need some reviews of this change so that it can be merged.  Who will be the first to find the typo in [4]?  I'm kidding about there being a typo but there may be more than one.  :-)

Thanks,
Scott

[4] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/720