[jakartaee-tck-dev] building the TCK repo

I'm making the TCK repo changes for javaxmail and javax.activation.

It would be good if I could at least build the repo with the changes,
so first some stupid questions.  I'm looking at the build instructions here:

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/wiki/Instructions-for-building-and-running-JakartaEE-TCK-bundle

It appears that the build depends on a version of GlassFish.  (Shouldn't
it just depend on the API jar file?)  So obviously I need a version of
GlassFish that includes the updates for javax.mail and javax.activation,
which luckily I have.

Can I just point the build at this version of GlassFish, per the instructions
above, and expect it to build?

(I assume no one else can build the TCK using this version of GlassFish
because the build would fail without the javax.mail and javax.activation
changes, right?)

Back to the top