[jakartaee-tck-dev] Has anyone else seen this "ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod" running docker/build_cts8.sh?

Hi,

This week, I started trying to build Jakarta EE CTS locally, as I would like to be setup to verify changes that I make locally, before creating a pull request.

I first hit the "missing jars" blocking issue [1]. I also experienced some other problems that I mention in [2]. I attempted a temporary workaround by downloading some of the jars (in my private Jenkins sandbox job :).

I also started a test branch with some minor changes that may or may not be valid [3]. Mostly, I am skipping the hard coded reference to the JDK folder (if the folder doesn't exist) and ignoring the cts-trunk-almgit.properties file, if it doesn't exist. What is this cts-trunk-almgit.properties file for?

I am now getting a "ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod" [4] from the docker/build_cts8.sh, which seems like I'm missing the commons-httpclient-3.1.jar or commons-httpclient.jar from the classpath. Any suggestions for resolving that?

I neglected to include the Ant output in [4], that would show the current target being executed (prior to the [4] error):
"
[ant] Entering /mnt/hudson_workspace/workspace/jakartaee-ee8/buildcts/release/tools/common.xml...
Build sequence for target(s) `build' is [init, build]
Complete build sequence is [init, build, get.deliverable.version.number, checkPlatform, ]
"

Could this be caused by my not having a cts-trunk-almgit.properties?

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/4
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/issues/7
[3] https://github.com/scottmarlow/jakartaee-tck/tree/skipsome