Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] XML namespace under Jakarta

They're the initial contribution of the jakartaee-schemas repo.

Kevin Sutter wrote on 3/25/20 11:23 AM:
Bill,
Where did you contribute these draft schema updates?  I don't see any PRs against jakartaee-schemas (or jakartaee-platform).  I'd be happy to take a review.  Just not sure where to look.  Thanks!

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/25/2020 12:25
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] XML namespace under Jakarta
Sent by:        jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ivar Grimstad wrote on 3/25/20 9:40 AM:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 5:29 PM Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't see any content currently under the https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/static/xml/ns/jakartaee directory, in fact even the xml subdirectory does not exist.

That is because there are no schemas published yet. The first would have to create the folder. I didn't want to put a placeholder there just to create the directory. When the first schema is published, it will be there.
What are we waiting on for the platform schemas?  I contributed "drafts" to Eclipse, has anyone looked over what was contributed and determined if any changes are needed?  (Certainly the schema location and namespace need to be updated.)  Can someone look these over and get a first draft ready to be published soon?

It would be good if there was a staging directory for this under the https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/ project root, say xml/ns/jakartaee, so that the CI jobs that are creating staging artifacts could populate a central directory for validation. A platform release could then simply do a single PR to update the website one the release if approved.

That's an excellent idea! What do others think? Should we do it that way?

Sounds fine to me.