Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Standardizing new TCK packages (was:package prefixes for Jakarta Batch TCK-related classes?org.eclipse.ee4j.batch ?)

likely or unlikely depending the spec but also by the fact TCK will run all specs in the same classloder by design (and kinf of requires this handling).
But agree it forces some integrators (thinking to the mentionned pure tomcat sa container and rest in the war case) to implement the library SPI to bypass that.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mar. 11 janv. 2022 à 09:31, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
On 1/11/22 1:09 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 2022, at 11:12 AM, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry but I got lost in the thread at the point where it was said that _some_ implementations are having hard times optimizing themselves. If that is the problem, then, IMHO, implementations should be fixed as they are usually those the best knowing the real "why" for what are they doing. I believe that what they are doing is not correct in 100% cases and  it is possibly just a matter of time till someone files an issue for some of those corner-cases for which the "optimization" is wrong.
>
> I started a thread in the EclipseLink list so we can talk through the potential issues I see with having application developers write code in the javax or jakarta namespace.
>
>   - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipselink-dev/msg08182.html__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!ai1JwlyAT2v2-pBcVnMXVei50TsQD_k_nleTVxZ9xM46GvpYWP_jQAZ21gQhSGL1V8w$
>
> EclipseLink isn't the only impl with special handling of these namespaces.  I noticed it in CXF, OpenWebBeans and a few others.  The trend seems to be it's pretty common in libraries that need to generate code or do bytecode inspection.

it's likely that at least some of these implementations do not work as
expected for cases where the spec depends on another spec. Failing TCK
can point one to the right place.

--lukas