Re: [iot-pmc] PMC Approval required for Committer Election for Fatih Ayvaz on Eclipse Kuksa

Got it. I will inform the partners correspondingly.
Currently, no additional CQ is required for Fatih’s PR (just some ongoing refactoring).
I will then restart the nominations as soon as more data on the merit statement is available than just a PR (are merged LOCs an appropriate metric? I know fixed bugs, newsgroup postings, dev-list discussions, or wiki-pages are).

Best regards,
Robert

P.S.:  In case the original post was lost, I was replying to:

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a problem with approving the two Kuksa committer elections. Looking at the Eclipse Project Handbook [1] I think that both nominations lack the information of why the projects trusts the committer candidates.

My understanding, reading the nomination criteria, is that the reason for nomination, is the fact they opened a PR, which isn't even merged yet. And right after that, the nomination was opened.

So if the project defines "trust" by simply opening a PR, then I think this is not the right way to elect new committers. As every contributor, opening a PR, would have the same right to become a committer on the project.

If they both had been forgotten in the initial contributors list, then that would be different story. In that case it would make sense to be to let us know if anyone else had been forgotten, so that the initial contributor list can be updated.

Cheers

Jens