Re: [iot-pmc] OASIS MQTT 5.0 standard 'statement of use' on behalf of Eclipse Paho

On 2018-06-27 12:16 PM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
FMPOV the Paho project can basically do what it wants :-) That said, if you think
that the work in Paho qualifies for that kind of statement, then I think you
should do so. I do not see any reasons why the Eclipse Foundation should have a
say in this nor should be in a position to prevent you from doing so.

Any other opinions?

Ummm. No. Eclipse projects should not make legal statements themselves without involved the Eclipse Foundation.

Maybe I'm reading Ian's request incorrectly, but this sounds legal-ish to me.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Avast logo