[iot-pmc] OASIS MQTT 5.0 standard 'statement of use' on behalf of Eclipse Paho

Hello fellow PMC members,

we are in the final stages of the process of polishing off the MQTT 5.0 specification at OASIS.  As part of that process, a number of "statements of use" are required.

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dStatementUse

"Statement of Use", with respect to a Committee Specification or Project Specification, is a written statement that a party has successfully used or implemented that specification in accordance with all or some of its conformance clauses, identifying those clauses that apply, and stating whether its use included the interoperation of multiple independent implementations. The Statement of Use must be made to a specific version of the Specification and must include the Specification's approval date. The party may be an OASIS Member or a non-member. In case of a non-member, the Statement of Use must be submitted via the Technical Committee's or Project Governing Board's comment facility.

I would like to submit a statement of use on behalf of the Eclipse Paho project, as we've implemented a server and more than one client library.

I wanted to check if you think it's ok for me to do this without further approvals, or not.

Thanks!

--
Ian Craggs
Eclipse Paho Project Lead & Mosquitto Committer

Back to the top