Re: [iot-pmc] Concierge 1.0 release review

On 10/09/2015 02:17 PM, Ian Skerrett wrote:

I'd also like to point out that having 2 Germans and 2 Frenchmen is a good balance for any PMC. :-)

+1

On 09/10/2015 4:03 AM, Jens Reimann wrote:
+1 for the 1.0 release

After reading through the discussion, I do think releasing 1.0 is fine. Maybe even 1.1 to indicate that this is something "fresher" than the sourceforge release. But I think you can decide this best. What I understood is, after you mentioned it, that Concierge has some history on sourecforge and this is good enough for me.

For the graduation I still think it is best to wait a few releases. I do think that it takes a few releases before one can decide about maturity of a project. Even if you know your way around Eclipse, each project is different. And as Kai said, you never now what the future brings and how your first (Eclipse) release turns out. So I think this is the right decision.

And as Kai mentioned, maybe it is a German thing, or maybe it is just me, but I would like to fully understand the situation before I vote. So my intention is not to upset you!

And personally I really hope for another OSGi implementation which brings R6 :) No matter if it is 0.1, 1.0 or graduated ;-)

Jens