Re: [iot-pmc] Concierge 1.0 release review

My two cents:

1. IMHO, most people won't notice the difference between Incubation vs Graduation. They will look for a release and evaluate on the quality of the release. Google and others have trained us that beta software is often great software. Therefore, first priority needs to be get a release out. 2. Graduation should be dependent on a number of factors, including community, code maturity, api maturity, and fit into Eclipse process. I believe projects will do a release just to learn the Eclipse process. These are all subjective and I believe in Concierge case can be argued both sides. 3. I do believe Concierge has a good community. If I am not mistaken the 3 committers are from three different organizations. I also agree that we shouldn't expect large amount of downloads.

Overall, I would love to see a Concierge release before EclipseCon Europe so Jan and others can promote it to the Eclipse and OSGi community. I don't believe Graduation vs Incubation is a big deal for the community. If you don't do 1.0, I would suggest 0.8 or 0.9 to indicate it is close.

I hope this helps.
Ian