Re: [iot-pmc] Yahoo Weather dependency

As I did not get any reply or comments yet, I would like to bring this question back to your attention :-)

Thanks,
Kai

Am 02.04.2015 um 22:11 schrieb Kai Kreuzer <kai@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear PMC colleagues,

In Eclipse SmartHome, we have implemented a „Yahoo Weather Binding“ as a reference for developers to see how bindings should be developed. It is not really meant to be used by anybody productively, but rather only for testing and demos. The IP team now pointed out correctly, that the Yahoo weather API itself comes with its own terms & conditions (see https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/).

It was suggested to treat the HTTP calls to this API as a dependency like a code dependency. I therefore wonder if you would agree that it could be classified as a works-with dependency? The binding is not required for using Eclipse SmartHome as it is optional and as mentioned above, rather for reference.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Kai

Back to the top