Re: [ide-dev] Move EclipseJavaIDE twitter account to Mastodon?

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 10:45 AM Thomas Mäder <t.s.maeder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I see it, abandoning Twitter right now would be nothing but a political move, and personally, I'm not up for that.

Let's just wonder: is Twitter a channel that conforms and guarantees the rules we sign in the Eclipse Contributor Agreement? I believe it's less and less that case. That said...
Abandoning twitter isn't the target at the moment. I mentioned it as an anticipation what is going to happen as Mastodon grows and more and more Twitter content and account become advertisement for mastodon. I don't think we should actilvely remove the Twitter account if we can keep it active.
However, I'd rather see one account being the "slave" of the other one to not duplicate work.

That said, there's nothing wrong with having a Mastodon account: just another channel, right?

Right. It's good to have more channels if there are people willing to manage those.
I'm currently managing the Twitter channel and I personally (and politically) would like to stop doing it. Any help to take it over and/or to have it becoming a slave of Mastodon is welcome.

Back to the top