Re: [ide-dev] Move EclipseJavaIDE twitter account to Mastodon?

Hi folks,

I think we should not let our personal sympathy for the new Twitter leadership cloud our thinking here: so far, little has changed on twitter (except that Ye was reinstated and rightfully banned again).

Of course it's possible that Twitter service quality will degrade permanently with the reduced headcount and corporate culture changes, but then again, it might not.

Until then, we should keep in mind that Mastodon has around 2 mio users right now whereas Twitter is estimated around 200mio. Do we really want to cut ourselves off from 99% of potential audience?

As I see it, abandoning Twitter right now would be nothing but a political move, and personally, I'm not up for that. That said, there's nothing wrong with having a Mastodon account: just another channel, right?

/Thomas