Re: [ide-dev] A "releases/latest" URL in the IDE to ease upgrades?

On 4 Dec 2015, at 16:02, Mickael Istria wrote:

On 12/04/2015 02:06 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
It is a search that stops after some iterations so it is not guaranteed it will find the right solution.
And what happens in that case? It simply shows the conflict and apologizes about not being able to make an installation proposal? It doesn't affect current installation so nothing is broken? I believe it's an acceptable behavior to present to user. The error they get would be enough to let them take the action they prefer.

Thus requires experimentation to see how it behaves in "open battle" with the whole ecosystem :)

Right, I add to my todo-list to try tricky scenarios and I'll report back. But I have big hopes about the remediation, I only had good suggestions from it so far, and never got a "broken" installation.

Try add in Neon + JBoss Tools for Mars :)

It will either break of give something that (normal) users won't know what to do with.

p.s. I comment in another thread about the goodness of remediation and for me remediation works well within a release stream,
but less so when starting mixing them.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top