Re: [ide-dev] A new survey

Am 03.11.2015 um 22:24 schrieb Doug Schaefer:
[...]

And my apologies if my feelings about Oomph offend people.

It's not your feelings that tend to offend people but the *way* you express them in the public. You may have a point when you feel that human-readable labels of preferences would be better (than just technical keys) to present to our users. Even though it'd be technically very hard (currently next to impossible) to determine these labels from the information that the platform actually has for a given set of preferences, we could start a technical discussion about our options. But sentences like "I was shocked by the UX" or "I don't get the benefits of it's magic" are just very unlikely to get people into the right mood for this type of discussion.

That’s certainly not my intent as I tend not to personify the code and features provided by a software product.

Then you should ask yourself why people get that sense nevertheless.

I just want the best experience possible for new users since they represent a growth business for all of us.

And so do we.

Cheers
/Eike

----