Re: [ide-dev] A new survey

On 11/03/2015 04:17 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I don¹t have Oomph installed in my IDE
so I don¹t get the benefits of it¹s magic. When I did, it was shocked by
the UX. Presenting the internal IDs of preferences to the user who doesn¹t
have much hope of understanding what they mean is not what I was hoping to
introduce to new users. The correct way is to just do the right thing and
not bother the user with it unless they really want to.
I believe what you're mentioning here is a relatively minor UX issue in Oomph that could be logged in a bug to find a dialog which better maps user knowledge, not something that fully invalidates Oomph approach.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top