Re: [ide-dev] IDE working group [WAS: Improving Eclipse JDT - Ecosystem]

After we reached some consent about the "technical how" for committers, I wonder how we find potential member companies.

I've the impression that developers like the idea of a WG pretty much. But companies don't want to step up yet and be the first - purely because every other company then sits back and says "huh, there was someone who had more pain than I had". If that's the case, we should think about how we get *many* parties interested at the same time.

Is ide-dev the place to look for interested parties or should this idea go more public?
And: are committers (and EclipseCon as a *developer* conference) the right place to look for members?

There are certainly a couple of people on this list who may talk to their bosses about the IDEWG or are even able to start the initiative and join this WG. I may underestimate the outreach of the ide-dev mailing list, but I think we are still lacking interested companies and in particular their feedback on the idea of an IDEWG.

Marcel

Back to the top