Re: [glassfish-dev] Future of Admin Console for GF 5 and GF6

The admin console remains a key piece of GlassFish, I don't think this is something that can be removed.

Both Woodstock and JSFTemplating are in life-support mode, they only exist because of GlassFish and are not updated regularly.
A complete re-write of the admin console requires a lot of work, so fixing Woodstock for the time being seems to be the best option.

Both projects have been mavenized and can updated easily compared to how they were when donated to eclipse.

Some of the issues related to dojo have been addressed in the master branch of Woodstock (5.0-SNAPSHOT), not sure if there is a released version of that available yet ; IIRC Arjan was trying to make a release some time ago.

See the following issues:
- https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish-woodstock/issues/1399
- https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/glassfish-woodstock/issues/1398

If there is going to more releases of 5.x, we can decide to make a branch of Woodstock that is compatible (i.e without all the jakarta namespace changes).