Re: [glassfish-dev] Future of Admin Console for GF 5 and GF6

Hi Gurkan,

You're right, the admin console is not even antiquated in the output it generates, but even more in the source beneath it. With every release with have to drag the pre-historic JSFTemplate, Woodstock, and their dependencies along kicking and screaming.

I would not be surprised if GlassFish is currently the only application using JSFTemplate/Woodstock.

Rewriting the admin console using current day Faces could be done, but it's not a trivial task I'm afraid in terms of time. Having this taken care of for the GF 6 final release is basically undoable with the resource we have available.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms