Re: [glassfish-dev] A bit of an update on GlassFish 6.0

My biggest fear is hitting something that is outside of the purview of EE4J and the Eclipse Foundation.

For example I had a play with updating Grizzly to the Jakarta namespace, unfortunately it also ships with an implementation of the OSGI HTTP Service which uses Servlet in the javax namespace!

From: glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <glassfish-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of arjan tijms
Sent: 06 April 2020 16:51
To: glassfish developer discussions <glassfish-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [glassfish-dev] A bit of an update on GlassFish 6.0

Hi,

I hear you. I can at least help by prioritising the JSP impl, so I'll try to put that one out tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Arjan

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:30 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We can do that on the glassfish side for tests.

Problem at the moment where we are blocked we can’t even get compilation working. I could bring in both javax and jakarta dependencies but that to me seems to be a recipe for disaster in missing changes. My approach currently is change the api dependency, see what breaks compilation, fix and rebuild. However each time I’ve done that I’ve become blocked on an SPI or something from an upstream implementation. For example Weld SPI exposes javax.transaction. Servlet implementation references JSPC so we need it in the Jakarta namespace.

Steve