Re: [gef-dev] Re-license GEF Classic from EPL-1.0 to EPL-2.0

Hey folks.

The EPL-2.0 FAQ covers this. It states (in part):

For open source projects (including Eclipse Foundation projects) under the EPL-1.0 who wish to re-license to the EPL-2.0 they should do so by simply updating the file headers and notices. (Please see 3.4 and 3.5 below.) Note that it is good community practice to discuss this change on your public mailing lists, and to make every attempt to ensure that: (a) downstream users are aware of the change, and (b) that there is a rough consensus amongst the committers that this is the right time to switch.

It's a feature of the license that you can update to a new version of the license with no specific ceremony.

The only consensus that you really need is that current project team is okay with making the change. Lazy consensus is fine.

We only ask that you tell the EMO that you've made the change. You don't have to ask for our permission or review.

HTH,

Wayne