Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] ECF discovery of artifact and metadata repos

Unless it has changed since I messed with it, that FileServerApplication was some hacky attempt at putting an HTTP server on front of some repos. It may be an ok starting point but i'd not put too much weight on it. Perhaps we should just have one thing that exposes a set of repos through HTTP and is optionally discoverable? Does that make sense?

As for hte UI, p2 users, admin or otherwise, likely have no interest in "discovery". They just want to nkow what repos are available to be "added" to their system. So, for example, when someone goes to add a repo, they might have an option of choosing from "known repos". That way the list of available repos can be supplied through discovery, static list, dynamic downloaed list, hard coded, ...

Jeff

Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Markus,

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Scott Lewis wrote:

but it would be desirable to have a UI with less detail, that only shows meta-data and artifact repos rather than all services...and doesn't show all the details of the service properties as the ECF discovery view does.

Hi,

do we really need a separate UI or could we achieve the same by adding pre-configured viewer filters to the UI?

I agree with you...having a pre-configured viewer filter would be the way to go for the ECF service discovery view. We can just add this ourselves (ECF team).

But for the provisioning admin ui, I think any UI integration needs the opinion of whoever is responsible for the Admin UI...i.e. I'm not sure the Admin UI really needs/wants a separate view to discover meta-data and artifact repos...although OTOH, if it did use the ECF discovery view (s) it would make it very simple/easy/quick to add.

Scott