[equinox-dev] RCP Application doesn't shut down OSGi console

Hello

We just have one small question to ask.

Current situation:
We are running independent bundles, which we have developed, inside of the Equinox framework. Our problem is that when we manually shut down our Application, the OSGi console does not automatically shut down. When we run the application from our EXE, the OSGi console is not visible, but the JARs are still in use after the application is manually closed. This problem becomes apparent when we try to delete the JAR bundles when we try to uninstall our Application. The Application uses the RCP platform, all our bundles communicate through Declarative Services, and all of our bundles are coded in Java.

Notes:

- When we run our application through Eclipse Plug-in Development, the console DOES shut off naturally when we close the Application.

Desired outcome:
We want a safe way to shut down the entire OSGi framework right after the user manually closes the Application when it runs from the stand-alone EXE form.

So far, the only way we can turn OSGi off is to ensure that the console is on, and to issue an ‘exit’ command manually, but this is not desirable. We have tried deactivating all bundles (including bundle #0) and the console remained on. All literature seems to suggest that the system should shut down automatically once the Application has been closed, but we haven’t been as fortunate. We need help in understanding what we are missing.

Any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated by our team.
We would like to thank you in advance for your attention.

Out teem would greatly apparition your help.
Thank you,
Darren Janeczek
Volodymyr Babiy
MIRARCO Mining Innovation