[equinox-dev] [prov] directory watcher

I finally did something that has been on my list for quite some time.  Inspired by Peter Kriens' FileInstall bundle, I made a DirectoryWatcher that, as the name implies, watches a directory and installs, uninstalls, configures, ... things that are dropped into/removed from/changed in the dir.  The current working support directly calls installBundle() etc but I have also been working on one that calls p2 API to effect and install.  The design consists of a DirectoryWatcher with which you can register listeners.  The listeners then get added, removed and changed events for the files of interest in the directory being watched.  It is quite easy to create a new listener that does your own thing.

Keeping in mind that this is quite early, take a look at
        org.eclipse.equinox.p2.directorywatcher
I have added not this to the PSF files yet as there are some compile errors in the provisioning listener as I have not completed enhancing the metadata generator to work on individual files rather than directories.  More to come later...

Jeff

Back to the top