Re: [equinox-dev] New Update Manager UI: Your Thoughts

Title: Re: [equinox-dev] New Update Manager UI: Your Thoughts

A few thoughts on server-side equinox provisioning issues ...

  • Equinox would be installed with a list of trusted update sites. (bootstrapped).
  • Trusted sites should be able to add more trusted sites.
  • A license may not required to be accepted from trusted sites: could be a flag on the site definition.
  • Automatic updates could be performed on a schedule from trusted sites, requiring no UI at all.
  • Restarts should be avoided whenever possible.
  • Sometimes we do not want to update a plug-in/bundle, we want two versions if the same one installed.
    • This could possibly be done automagically. If a bundle to be updated has another bundle that depends on its version, then it stays and the new version is also installed.
    • Would need some way to detect what bundles are no longer required. These are bundles that are no longer referenced.

Don Laidlaw | Sr. Research Engineer | Infor | office: 905-305-7307 | mobile: 416-543-1085 | don.laidlaw@xxxxxxxxx

Back to the top