[equinox-dev] Should framework extension bundles support embedded JAR files?

Hi all,

We have a provisioning/updating bundle that takes care of deploying
our system into different instances. This bundle is core to the system
and should never be stopped or uninstalled. I stumbled upon framework
extension bundles yesterday and thought it would be interesting if we
could attach our provisioning bundle to the Equinox framework using an
AdaptorHook.

Unfortunately, I realized that extension bundles apparently don't
support embedded jars (NoClassDefFoundErrors). Looking at section 3.15
of the core spec ("Extension Bundles"), I wasn't able to determine
whether they should be supported or not. However, if they aren't
supported, I would expect the list of illegal manifest headers to
include "Bundle-ClassPath" or at least a note detailing that the
header isn't fully supported.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

Back to the top