Re: [equinox-dev] OSGI Bundles: alternate manifest.mf location

On 7/8/06, Peter Neubauer <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That means that
- the PDE is a slave to the CLI build system (in this case M2)

That is a feature, IMHO :o)

My main concern with using Eclipse as the primary system resolves around the "non-repeatability", hard to produce additional artifacts, lack of compile time filtering and how difficult it is to use as a continuous integration system. But that is obviously not a problem for the Eclipse lovers.

I think that the best way forward is a command-line driven tool that understands OSGi, yet have the power of standardization that Maven offers. I know Peter Kriens has advocated this previously, but not keen to push real hard.

Btw, is the PDE part of the Equinox team's responsibility, or is that handled by other folks??

Cheers
Niclas

Back to the top