Re: [equinox-dev] Fw: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse on IRC

Hi Pascal and all,

FWIW, the ECF project is now offering access to an Eclipse Foundation-run XMPP server upon request...where IM accounts can be setup, chat rooms created/defined for project teams and/or larger groups, logging used, etc., etc (in terms of server features). Any XMPP client can be used to access this server, but ECF also has an Eclipse/RCP-based XMPP. ECF also has an IRC client that can be run alongside the XMPP client and used to access any IRC server.

I'm not trying to start an IRC vs. XMPP battle here...but XMPP features are sometimes useful for team communication/collaboration, and ECF team has gone to the trouble of getting an XMPP server up and running at ecf.eclipse.org specifically for committer usage. Since we/EF administer the server, we have many options WRT server features, integration, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

It could be a great venue for informal discussions about equinox.

PaScaL
----- Forwarded by Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM on 02/23/2006 08:49 AM -----
*Douglas Pollock <douglas.pollock@xxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/22/2006 06:56 PM
Please respond to
dpollock and "General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."

cc

Subject
	[eclipse-dev] Eclipse on IRC

This is just a note to try to encourage Eclipse committers to use IRC. It's an excellent public forum -- both for helping users and for getting to know other committers. We're on Freenode (irc.freenode.net) and we maintain the
following channels:
   #eclipse - questions from plug-in developers and users
   #eclipse-dev - Eclipse committer discussion and socializing
   #eclipse-commits - lists all commits as they come in (cia.navi.cx)

We are also now registered as a group with Freenode.  If you would like a
"developer cloak" (i.e., identifies you as a committer, masks your hostname),
please contact me on IRC.  My nick is desudation.

cheers,
d.

P.S.  Logs for #eclipse can be found at http://echelog.matzon.dk/?eclipse