Re: [embed-cdt-dev] 2020-12 release schedule

> On 15 Nov 2020, at 15:21, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> However, Wayne may say that the CQs can be updated, especially as the current ones have useful history of the discussion.

I prefer updating the existing ones, exactly to avoid having to explain the same things again and again.

Actually only the STM templates include a major license change, from the "STM Liberty License", which was derived from an open source license, but with some changes specific to embedded applications, to the 3-Clause BSD.

All other templates retain the same licenses; the Analog Devices templates were updated to the latest available packages, but the license is the same, and the Freescale template was only updated to the latest templates.core, the peripheral library files are from the same community projects and do not have an explicit license paragraphs in each file, so are distributed under the same license as the rest of the template files (MIT).

So... I don't know what the legal team expects, but apart from the STM change to BSD, there are no major changes in the the rest of the code.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top