Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Renaming features without breaking compatibility?

Yes, Jonah is right.
You can check the result of your contribution with unit test, querying IExtensionRegistry.
If some particular extension will not be so kind to follow what you want, please submit a dedicated issue.

Regards,
AF