Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Renaming features without breaking compatibility?

Hi Marc,

Some time ago you mentioned a solution to rename features without breaking compatibility:

> On 14 Oct 2020, at 01:00, Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi! I don’t know if you have done this or seen this before but you can allow installable units to be upgraded to a different id, in p2.inf. At least I know for a fact that it works for features. We have done this in the past a few times in Trace Compass project when things got renamed and moved between projects. Let me know if that’s something that would be useful for embed-cdt in a rename effort that would be transparent to users.

Can you provide some details, and possibly a link to a functional example?

Preferably please use the embed-cdt-dev list, where this discussion started:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/embed-cdt-dev/msg00124.html

Thank you,

Liviu

Back to the top