Re: [embed-cdt-dev] EPP

> On 26 Jul 2020, at 14:21, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I forked the epp git at 2020-03, I added 'epp.package.embedcdt' via copy/paste from 'epp.package.cpp' and I added the new features.

as expected, with the separate epp.package.embedcdt, the procedure to update to a new release is relatively complicated.

I'm still thinking on how to improve it, but for now it was mostly manual, I ran a diff between embedcdt and cpp for 2020-03, then I updated the git to 2020-06, removed the new embedcdt packages, copied content from epp, and then I iterated between manually editing embedcpp and compatring it to cpp, until I got the same changes as revealed by the first diff.

it is quite complicated and error prone, so it needs to be improved and automated.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top