Re: [embed-cdt-dev] EPP

Hi Liviu and All,

I think the first release should be done with whatever way works better for you at the moment. The public URLs are also is not that important as you always can redirect them to the better location (that is not invented yet) using "composite p2 repository" approach.

After the first release I would propose to prepare another package for EPP. EPP already has several packages that duplicates functionality but with different focus - so I think that introducing another package "Eclipse IDE for Embedded Developers" could be the right way to go forward. Yes, it can share about 90% of its content with "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" and I do not see any problem with it.

As for " content inheritance" - I'm not a fan of inheritance, mostly because it is "one way ticket" and you cannot "uninherit", so I would suggest to use feature composition. I hope we always can find a way to declare a proper aggregating feature(s) on CDT side to decrease the amount of duplicated identifier between "C/C++" and "Embedded" packages.

Another plus for joining the EPP will be the reducing of effort duplication for package publishing. Well, to be honest, it may create more work for Jonah as he is co-leading EPP. But Jonah is doing RelEng work here as well, and from the outside it looks like adding another package to EPP is much cheaper than introducing and maintaining the individual "package support" for "Embedded CDT". Jonah, please correct me if I wrong.

Regards,
AF