Re: [ee4j-community] Eclipse is still behind the current state of Java EE 8

Hi,

This is indeed an issue. For JSF 2.3 another issue is that it actually throws an exception when a faces config with version 2.3 is used, despite JSF 2.3 now being almost a year old.

I wonder if Red Hat would be open to contribute its JSF (RichFaces) tooling to WTP. This is somewhat ahead of WTP, and JSF/RichFaces is likely not that important to Red Hat anymore (RichFaces was EOL'd a while back).

Locally I've been working on the last published version of GlassFish tools a little, adding a small extra feature (the ability to just choose the home directory where GF/Payara is installed, and not having to choose one of the internal folders). I'm now 'fairly' up to date with the code to be able to add some other features I had planned.

Of course, there's much more needed, especially indeed bringing everything up to date with Java EE 8, and then EE4J/Jakarta EE.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms