Re: [ee4j-community] Red Hat committment to EE4J

On 2017-10-17 6:02 AM, Ben Evans wrote:
For example - money. Running an open-source project the size of EE4J
isn't free. The Eclipse folks are going to need some admin staff,
perhaps some paralegal time, possibly travel budget, etc. I think
vendors, as profit-making entities, should be sending a clear signal
by stepping up and giving a commitment to covering those costs.

Mike - can you give us an indication of what you think EE4J will need
as a budget, and whether it's currently covered?

Ben,

Our back-of-the-envelope estimate is that this is going to take at least 8 people, plus a significant amount of marketing dollars to be a success. The arithmetic says $2.5M +/- .5M for at least the next three years.

There have been no commitments to any incremental funding at this point, so no, none of this is covered at the moment. But these are early days. We have started the discussion process, and we will see where it leads us. In the meantime the focus is on-boarding the projects and getting them operational.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EclipseCon Europe 2017