Re: Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] M5+2 Sunday build #2 (SUCCESS)

Bjorn,

The funny thing is we actually pack the features too :)).
Mmmm ... any thoughts on that ?

Thanks.

----------------------
Sorin Stoian
IBM Toronto Lab
(905)413-5477

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
26/02/2007 10:48 AM

Sorin Stoian/Toronto/Contr/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Andrew Pett/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "eclipse.org-planning-council"
<eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] M5+2 Sunday build #2 (SUCCESS)

Sorin,
Sorry about that. I'm sure it's in my detection logic rather than in
your build - currently my detection logic looks in the build log to see
if the feature jars are being packed or skipped during the re-packing
and assumes that "feature jar packed implies plug-in jar packed". Thus
when I re-pack all jars and I get:

Skipping
...staging/features/org.eclipse.tptp.platform.trace_4.3.0.v200610310100--3YIAAaARDIBSFN.jar

for a TPTP, I assume this means that the TPTP features and plug-ins are
not packed.
Thanks to your note, I see that this assumption is incorrect - that you
are packing the plugins but not the features (which is perfectly fine,
but it ruins my detection logic). I will update my detection logic and
TPTP will look good.

Sorry to have maligned TPTP incorrectly - stand by for a few hours for a
rebuild...
- Bjorn

Sorin Stoian wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
>
> I have no idea why you're saying TPTP is not using pack200 on the
plugins.
> I just double checked the update site and all jars are packed. Can you
> please tell me what exactly you found in the logs so I can correct the
> potential issue ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sorin

Back to the top