Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Who is Presenting

I certainly have been fretting a little about this kind of thing and
hence keeping an eye out for it as I did grading etc. Many submitters
play the age-old 'cropdusting' game, where you liberally sprinkle
abstracts in the hope of getting one talk. Sometimes there is
a 'core' or introductory talk, followed by a number of talks on
extensions and integrations of the core. Sometimes again you
will get one long talk split up into Part 1, Part 2. These are all
rational gaming efforts to get picked (except in the case of Wayne,
where it is clearly just attention-seeking behaviour, nuff said).

I do think we should be mindful of the statistics here, but if an
individual is doing, say 3 talks that are about totally different
subjects, I think that's probably ok. If all the talk is around a
single topic, then I think that's something that probably is not.

Thanks for the numbers generation here Scott - it's very helpful,
and a useful hint for submission system report generation in the
future.

On the topic of companies, I have heard the odd whine about
certain organizations getting a lot of talks at the conference, but
most of the time it's because those certain organizations actually
show up and do stuff, make a big investment in the
community/ecosystem and as a result have a lot to talk about.

At an angle - we have 8 people on the Ask the AC Panel?  That's
a bit too many maybe?

 cheers
  --oh

Back to the top