Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Who is Presenting

How the heck did I wind up on seven talks? Microphone hog. Geesh.

Wayne

Scott Rosenbaum wrote:

All,

Given the extremely limited number of slots this year, I think we need to be very careful that we don't have single presenters or companies given too much time on the stage. I realize this can be a bit of a tough issue to resolve, but it would not be fair to see one person given 3 or more talks, while others are shut out completely.

The issue of company representation is particularly difficult to weigh. Some companies do an over-whelming amount of the work (write the code) for particular projects. Is it appropriate for them to get most of the space at the conference? Not only that, the submission system does not actually provide info on the company names, other than through the email domain names. Do we worry about this, or just let it go?

Finally, using the spread-sheets for review makes it difficult to determine how many talks will be accepted per person. Do we want to wait until the spread-sheets are mapped back to the submission system and look at the number of talks per person at that point?

Scott

To get an idea of the issue, I have attached the number of talks per person from the submission system. Clearly not all of the talks will be accepted, but as you can see a few people are associated with a lot of talks.
*number of talks number of people       *
7 2 6 4 5 21 4 21 3 33 2 75 1 170 * This counts co-presenter as well as panels. The Ask the Eclipse AC adds one talk for 8 people.

* The following list shows the people with 4 or more submissions.

*Presenter**      ** Number of Presentations*
Henrik Lindberg 7 Wayne Beaton 7 Thomas Hallgren 6 Shaun Smith 6 Yves YANG 6 Werner Keil 6 Martin Oberhuber 5 Benjamin Muskalla 5 Simith 5 Cedric Brun 5 Luiz Fernando Correa 5 Chris Aniszczyk 5 Romulo Souto Quidute Filho 5 Dann Martens 5 Benjamin Cabe 5 David Carver 5 Bruce Trask 5 Doug Clarke 5 Marcio Guedes 5 Eric Cloninger 5 Paul Webster 5 Gustavo de Paula 5 Bernhard Merkle 5 Hans-J. Brede 5 Boris Bokowski 5 Angel Roman 5 José Carréra 5 Sven Efftinge 4 Gunnar Wagenknecht 4 Felix Meschberger 4 Markus Knauer 4 Steffen Pingel 4 Ekkehard Gentz 4 Tonny Madsen 4 Max Rydahl Andersen 4 Jonathan West 4 Michael Scharf 4 Simon Kaegi 4 Neil Bartlett 4 Stephan Herrmann 4 Nick Boldt 4 Christian Kurzke 4 Olivier Moises 4 Christian Saad 4 Charles Kelly 4 Jason Van Zyl 4 Joel Cayne 4 Kenn Hussey 4