[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Re: Tutorials with part 1, part 2 (or worse, part 1-2-3) are not in the spirit of EclipseCon 2008

Rich,

I agree that we need this type of tutorial that provides a coherent
end-to-end story in the complex maze of technology that is modeling.
You've already made it clear to the presenters that they must provide
abstracts that describe specifically which topics are being covered so that
folks can jump in at the level at which they feel comfortable and can
decide on which particular topics are of interest.   These guys are great
presenters (except for the clown from Borland) so I think this will be very
valuable to the community.  I agree with Bjorn that the current form looks
poor so we need these guys to address your comment sooner rather than
later.  I'll badger them when they are on skype...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 313)

             Richard Gronback
             <richard.gronback
             @borland.com>                                              To
                                       Bjorn Freeman-Benson
             12/07/2007 01:17          <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             PM                        Eclipsecon Program Committee list
                                       <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-com
                                       mittee@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ed
                                       Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Tutorials with part 1, part 2
                                       (or worse, part 1-2-3) are not in
                                       the spirit of EclipseCon 2008

The modeling ones are going to be broken up, as per my comment on #47; that
is, they will each have their own descriptive title and abstract to
indicate the topics covered.  The main submitter just hasn?t done this yet.

Perhaps modeling is unique in its need for these types of tutorials, as
covering abstract syntax, concrete syntax, model transformation, and code
generation is a bit much to cover in a single 2 hour tutorial, but which is
important to cover in the context of a single domain.

My thoughts,
Rich

On 12/7/07 1:02 PM, "Bjorn Freeman-Benson"