Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Problems with Fake Steve Jobs (Dan Lyons) contract

as a point of interest, do you think that Dan himself knows what his agent is doing?  Perhaps if he does not, the mess could be cleared up by informing him.  Then again, if he sanctions the approach, perhaps we don't want him speaking...

Jeff

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/01/2007 01:33 PM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list        <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipsecon Program Committee list <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Anne Jacko <anne.jacko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Problems with Fake Steve        Jobs (Dan Lyons) contract

Program Committee members,
The agent for Mr. Lyons (Fake Steve Jobs) is an [unpleasant word removed] (I'm trying hard to be polite in public here). We're trying to work with him to secure Mr. Lyons for a keynote for EclipseCon, but if he continues to be an [unpleasant word removed], we'll have to give up and go with someone else. I remain optimistic, but I just wanted to let you all know the state of negotiations.

Fortunately, our other two keynotes (Sam Ramji and Cory Doctorow) are easy to work with and happy to come to EclipseCon and their agents are not [unpleasant plural word removed].

- Bjorn

--
[end of message]