Re: [eclipse-dev] Termination after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc' when hovering over source code eclipse 4.16 4.17. ubuntu 20.04

Am 12.11.21 um 14:33 schrieb Александър Куртаков:
> Hover uses a browser widget which under Linux is WebkitGTK library. It
> is most probably a fix in SWT 4.18 to make it work with newer WebkiGTK
> library which was updated in Ubuntu.

Thanks alot, this got me in the right direction.
For the archives/records somehow my package manager used a debian buster
repository to "update" the packages

gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0:amd6
gir1.2-webkit2-4.0:amd64
libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18:amd64
libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37:amd64

to version  2.34.1-1~deb10u1 instead of the version provided by the
ubuntu repositories for ubuntu20.04 ) 2.34.1-0ubuntu0.20.04.1.

Idk if the debian version is flawed or if some other issues happend
because a wrong repository was queried for this different version.
However reinstalling the correct version results in a functional eclipse
4.16 based application.

Thanks to all so far for setting me up in the right direction.

Hendrik

Hendrik Grewe                           Chair for Programming Systems
Department of Computer Science                 TU Dortmund University

Public PGP-Key                          https://mypgpkey.b4ckbone.org
PGP-Fingerprint     B8D6 0D8C F5A9 410A 8077 66AE CF08 65D2 0A09 6F7B

PGP-encrypted mails are welcome!